In survival scenarios, there may be times where you will have to get from point A to point B by a boat, or a kayak. Since boats are quite big, having a kayak is much more practical, and cheaper to buy. Kayaks can help with many things, it doesn’t just get you from one place to another, you can use it to fish (a great source of nutrients and protein). It’s much more efficient than riverbank fishing, and when you’re done, you can simply take it out of the water, leaving no traces. They’re simple to get the hang of, too
Foraging, scouting, and relocating are all valid reasons why you need to purchase a kayak if you want to become fully prepared when you need to bug out. For foraging and scouting, it’s always advisable to have different methods of transport, and using a kayak for transportation makes your situation far more flexible. While for relocating, it’s always a good idea to keep your BOB on your kayak, so that if you have to run and not think, at least you know that everything is ready for you to move.
1. Intex Excursion Pro Kayak
- Super tough laminate PVC with polyester core: light weight and highly resistant to damage from abrasion, impact and sunlight
- High pressure inflation provides extra rigidity and stability, with high pressure spring loaded valves for easy inflation and fast deflation
- Includes 2 removable skews for deep and shallow water, 2 floor mounted footrests, 2 integrated recessed fishing rod holders, 2 adjustable bucket seats
- Removable and adjustable mounting bracket for additional accessories, such as GPS systems, fish finders, swivel fishing rod holders etc. Includes a carry bag and repair patch
- Storage space in bow and Stern with stainless steel d rings for tying down Dry bags and gear; Kayak total weight capacity: 400 pounds
- 3-ply super tough construction employs a high molecular PVC that is unaffected by gasoline, oil and salt water. It is highly resistant to damage from abrasion, impact and sunlight. It also permits more air pressure for rigidity.
- Includes 86in Aluminum Oars and High-output pump
It’s made with a laminate PVC, making it tough enough for almost any conditions. Despite being rock-solid tough, it’s lightweight.
Not much. It’s a beauty.
The Intex Excursion Pro Kayak is a high end, top quality kayak for those who want the best. Definitely worth serious consideration.
$176.61 in stock
★ Best Inflatable Kayak ★
2. ADVANCED ELEMENTS AE1007-R AdvancedFrame Convertible Inflatable Kayak
This kayak is quite unique and different when compared to the others. It is inflatable, and it can also be converted into a double-deck kayak. The options are limitless with this one since you can use it as a double-deck, single-deck, or standard open deck kayak. I know that some of you may be worried about the fact that it is inflatable, and it can be easily punctured. However, nothing could be further from the truth, since it’s made from 3 layers to ensure that it has extreme strength.
The best part about this kayak is that it can be folded and you can carry it with you anywhere, you don’t have to worry if it will fit in your SUV, or where to leave it. After using it, simply deflate it, put it in the bag, and you’re ready to go. It’s also worth saying that this bad boy, can carry two people without the slightest problem, just convert it to a double-deck and you’re good to go.
The only negative is that it doesn’t come with a pump to inflate it – a minor detail and one that’s easily rectified.
Easily transportable, this inflatable kayak possesses an innovative and functional design, earning it an easy place on our list.
3. Emotion Guster Sit-Inside Kayak
This kayak is great for everything, you can use it to go fishing, foraging, scouting and if you need to relocate fast, it’s quite effective. The padded seats are adjustable, making them the perfect size for (almost) all shapes and sizes. There’s ample room for storage, and straps to keep items secured.
Crafted carefully and made from high-quality materials, and it is also pretty lightweight, weighing only 48 pounds, while having a weight capacity up to 275 pounds. You’ll have no trouble toting it around thanks to its front and rear handles.
This is a very minor, shallow issue, but I don’t find it to be the most aesthetically pleasing kayak in the world. Again, this has nothing to do with performance, just a personal taste. Maybe you find it beautiful.
The Emotion Guster Sit-Inside Kayak is a versatile, functional piece of kit. We'll be adding this to our must-have list